Winchester Frederick County Conservation Club, Inc.
June 16, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Officers present: Eric Heflin, Steve Hunt, Marshall Shiley, Rich Sankovich
1. Meeting opened with Prayer led by Eric
2. Secretaries minutes for May 19, 2021 read and approved by membership.
3. Treasurers Report : May 1 checking account Balance was $36,638. May 31 checking account balance was $30,529. Major payouts for month were $400 for web site renewal, $250 for WFCCC federal tax filing, Land payment $1994, $2556 for Trap shooting clay birds, Shenandoah Co. property tax $143, $399 for grounds maintenance, $1190 to Piccadilly printing, $383 for tractor payment, $454 to Pat-Trap for repair parts, and $342 for electric billing. Club CD balance at $502, Scholarship CD balance at $16,985, Land loan balance at $3,371 Due to payoff in July. $2188 was deposited with $1788 from shoots, $300 in dues and $100 from shelter use. Treasurers report approved by membership.
4. Members asked to please sell raffle tickets to support Scholarship’s.
5. Members asked to bring something to auction at picnic this September. Also noted was fact you can designate the proceed of items at auction to be used for scholarship support as opposed to general fund.
6. August 21st is club workday from 9 am to 2 pm and food and drink will be provided. Menu will be pulled pork BBQ with sauce, buns, coleslaw and potato salad for those attending along with iced tea, water and soda’s.
7. Roof replacement on large shelter to happen this summer. Bandstand building has been demolished. Thanks Marshall and Eric.
8. Next trout stocking lake will be in October.
9. Shot up PVC pipe found at pistol range. Members reminded paper targets only on ranges and clean up your mess.
10. Sound barrier to be placed at rifle ranges. Terry Feltner has two insulated metal panels to bring out, be cut down and installed with some posts to act as a barricade to the sounds to lessen shot sounds down at lake. To be continued!
11. 50-50 raffle $27 to winner, $26 to scholarship. Winner donated all back to scholarship.
12. Meeting adjourned.