WFCCC Secretary & Treasurers Report
January & February 2021
1. Winchester Star has been publishing once per week at no charge, in Club news section of paper, the WFCCC scholarship details sent to them early January 2021. They were asked to publish once and for some unknown reason continue to do so weekly.
2. No communication has been received from Frederick Co. or Shenandoah Co. Treasurers Offices concerning approval of land use documentation filed for abatement or restricted WFCCC property taxes.
3. Four additional requests have been received by mail from College Bound Seniors for scholarship applications and replied to.
4. Jackie Roberts, WFCCC Director passed away on February 13, 2021 and our Treasurer is to make a memorial contribution to the College scholarship fund at Jackie’s church in lieu of Flowers for a service per family request.
5. Trout Stocking has been set up for Saturday March 13th at 10 am, the week before Easter for 4/3/21 Easter Saturday Trout Opening event at Club, and also on Friday April 30th at 10 am. The Club lake is closed from March 28th until Saturday April 3rd at 12:30 pm.
6. 1500 pre-stamped #10 US Postal envelopes along with 2750 return and mailing address labels have been picked up in preparation of annual club newsletter/renewal mailing in June. Progress is being made applying the labels to the envelopes.
7. WFCCC membership roll currently has 1373 members on it, and $82,520 has been collected in dues since June 15, 2020 for the 2021 memberships. Last year, membership total at June 15th mail-out was 1291 and $75,920 in dues was collected for entire 2020 membership year. I expect that we may top 1400 members before the May 15, 2021 cut-off date for 2021 memberships which may bring our dues collection in over $85,000 for 2021 membership year.
8. Six of the 2021 Club members as published in Winchester Star Obituaries have passed away since June of 2020.
9. Treasurers Reporting – Checking account Balance as of 1/1/21 was $50,728. Checking account Balance as of 2/28/21 was $47,759. Dues and shoot money deposited was $7,370 while bills paid was $10,340 for that period. Bank of Clark Co. Land Loan balance as of 3/2/21 is $9,247 and Scholarship CD value is $16,808. Club CD balance is $502.